Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Day of Firsts

I have had such a good couple days of writing. Well, yesterday was better than today. I put in 7,000 words yesterday before I went to bed completely exhausted. I had one of those days where I didn't even want to stop to eat, shower, walk the dog or take a phone call.

It felt good. That kind of day was truly a first for me. When I woke up this morning, my elbow really hurt from my time at the computer. But in a strange way, I didn't mind the hurt. I finally felt like a put in an honest day's work.

I also shared my work with my Sig Other. He was very enthusiastic and gave me some great tips on areas that needed cleanup. I am going to focus on the edits just as soon as I have gotten through my last 2,000 words that I need to write today. I believe that I will have a complete first draft by the time I close up shop for the day.

This truly is a day of firsts!

No comments: