Tuesday, May 29, 2007

General Hospital and the Budding Writer

I remembered something from my childhood that I had almost completely buried. Well, if you knew me, you'd say that was a good thing. I purposely try not to remember a whole lot but this one was actually amusing...

In the fifth grade, I started a club. I think that the last period of the school day was devoted to club activities and I actually started one where I combined two of my greatest passions at the time: General Hospital and writing. I acutally wrote out very elaborate scripts and scenes for all my favorite characters and had them live the lives that I thought they should be leading on the show.

I guess I should say 'ah, how very apropos' but I'm not actually writing anything anymore... Ok, I am but just not making that great fifth grade progress. I don't really finish anything anymore.

I guess I had all that free time (and a whole period devoted to my spending my time on my passion.) Why can't that be my life now?!?! Imagine if my employer gave me an hour a day in which I pursued my passion. That's lunchtime I supposed, but I all too often find myself pursuing their passions and my paycheck. Humph!

BTW - made some progress on the WIP last night - just not enough. 2,000 words. On a normal day, that would be good. Deadline time though. Going back under now!

No comments: