Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beautiful Reading

Ok, so I just finished a wonderful book: Angels & Insects, by AS Byatt. Given that I have spent my summer on junk food reading binges, I was happy to take this one on -- and happy in my reward for my perseverance.

Her writing is just so beautiful, so evocative. I can't wait to read more of her work. I think that I will read Possession next. I believe that a movie was made with Gwyneth Paltrow? I could be wrong but I did enjoy the movie. I know that shows my low-browness but I like to be well-versed on all sides of the cultural fence.

So, to avoid falling into that embarassingly large group of Americans who manage to make it through a year without reading one single book, I will add Possession to me list but here's my To-Be-Read list so far:

  • Slaughterhouse Five, Vonnegut
  • Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand
  • Watership Down, Richard Adams

Ok, I will still read my fave vampire romance fiction as well: JR Ward will be out with her next Brotherhood novel, Lover Unbound. I also discovered Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer that I have to dig into as well.

With so many books to read, it's just so inconceivable to me that people would not read.

Oh and UPDATE: my sig oth and I have started a book club. That's why I'm reading Slaughterhouse Five! I'm so happy that we're reading together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you've read those in the past though -- you're going to REread them, right??

PS I like the pictures and the goodreads link!