Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Simple Things

As everyone knows, I was laid-off from my day job. I had a love/hate relationship with it but at the end of the day, I was one of those people who was fortunate enough to at least like what I did to make ends meet. I met up with one of my friends from the old job for lunch today. Turns out that she's been quote a busy bee making this wonderful quilt for me:



I also quilt, not quite as often or as prodigiously as I'd like to, so I know how much work went into this quilt. It's truly a labor of love and I am so happy that it was made for me.

We had lunch and tea, things that our normal busy lives hadn't really afforded us time to enjoy. Now, we got to get together and just enjoy the simple things: a good BLT at a little, local sandwich shop, tea and pastries and catching up with each other.

Yeah, I know. I am "working from home." And I am working but I get to be a little more free with my schedule now. I turned in my assignment that was due today - a short newsletter article. I am embarrassed to say that I sweated each word. Sad but true. My writing mojo is still on summer break.

But friendships are not.

No comments: