Monday, October 1, 2007

I've Fallen in Love

So I'm on the writing schtick again. I have my work open in front of me and I'm re-reading a bit so I can get the lay of the land again. I just want to finish for Pete's sake.

I think I've fallen in love with my next book idea. It came to me as I lay in bed, half asleep, half awake. I personally think that most of my better ideas come to me this way. In either case, I will vaguely sketch out the idea but I will not allow myself to work on it until I have finished the current beast.

2 comments:

vanessa jaye said...

Hey, there, just followed the breadcrumbs back from my blog. :-P I think the very best ideas come just as you're falling asleep. And never ever kid yourself that you'll remember the idea in the morning. Write it down right then and there! :-P

The Writer Chic said...

Thanks for the comment! I am now keeping a running list of ideas - even just scraps of dialogue that come to me are written out (skeletal format). I hate losing ideas. Even inconvenient ones that wake me up!