Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good Times in My TBR Pile

Like many folks, I've but the brakes on discretionary spending. This has affected everything from vacations to gasp ... book purchases! So I'm taking time out to read the items that I purchased in the past year. And I'm having a pretty good time of it. What I'm reading and how I've liked those selections are posted on Good Reads.

It's a pretty cool site that lets you organize and display your "bookshelf" on the web for all your friends to see. You can write reviews, see who's reading what and just generally be geeked out by books. I love it. And, I now have my TBR pile all accounted for and in front of me so I can see if I really need to buy more books. Not likely!!

I also reacquainted myself with the local library. They have a rather large selection of romance novels. I was really surprised to see this. The building looks like a dingy 70's special but it's so inviting inside. I was instantly comfortable... except that I've totally forgotten how to find anything on the shelves. the whole dewey decimal system is just an empty phrase to me. I will try to channel my 5th grade library skills or humble myself and ask for assistance because I have a feeling this is going to be my home away from home for a while.

Ok ~ I am going to slog through my stupid edits on my hated WIP. It's actually the process that I'm hating and the fact that I still have nothing but a pile of paper to show for my efforts. I think that my Sig Other has totally abandoned faith that this will ever lead to anything concrete. I'm losing faith too but I refuse to admit defeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered Facebook - there's a great 'GoodReads' Facebook app that lets you see what all your friends are reading!