Monday, August 18, 2008

My Crazy Summer

A LOT has happened this summer. Mostly of the not-so-good variety of happenings. The kind of stuff you don't want to blog about as it's going on but can list out objectively, without the pain of being so close up on it anymore.

Lost My Day Job for the second time this year. I should see this as a freeing experience but I'm so preoccupied with replacing that income stream that it's been hard to enjoy anything about this time off. I need to take advantage of all this time for my writing. I want to have something concrete to show for this time off. But I feel catatonic, listless.

Dad Has a Brain Tumor and is majorly depressed. He had a major seizure and when he was hospitalized, the doctors discovered the tumor. The question now is whether he should have surgery or follow a wait-and-see approach. Wait to see if it turns aggressive. Wait to see if it turns malignant. It's been a grueling ordeal for him and the family.

Health Issues of My Own. I have had my own health scare and hospitalization this summer. And coupled with the job loss, I soon won't have health insurance. I'm not so much worried about the state of my health moving forward. My doctor was fantastic. I'm just going through some residual head trauma.

And there are the edits to my WIP. I am sooo hating my work right now. I just want to throw it out and start on something new.

1 comment:

April said...

Thank you for your comment on my post. I'm sorry you've had a rough summer too. I will keep you, your job, and your father's health in my prayers.

As for the cataloguing books in the post above - I also catalogue my books using gurulib.com. It's my favorite so far out of all the ones out there. I haven't stopped buying books yet, though I did get a library card, telling myself that I would stop buying books. But I belong to the Literary Guild, and every time I receive a couple books that I ordered, it's compulsive - I order two more! I shouldn't, but it's my one vice (other than wine). And as far as vices, I think I could do far worse!