Sunday, June 10, 2007

Simple Pleasures

The past couple of weekends have been very layed back and simple. I have taken to hanging laundry out on a clothesline. Instead of laundry being a chore, I now look forward to taking the clothes outside and hanging them to dry in the sun and wind. I didn't realize how relaxing it would be with the sun on my face, the dog napping just a few feet away and the wonderful smell of clean shirts and socks in the breeze.

On top of that, I feel good about saving energy and doing the 'green' thing. I remember as a kid we had a clothesline. I don't remember too much about it. My mom says that she remembers hanging clothes out for years and years, in the middle of winter. Bringing the clothes in all stiff and forsty. I don't know yet if I'll hang out in winter but I may. It's overcast today so I haven't risked putting out another load. No guilt about that!


No comments: