Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Weggie Pizza

I had a co-worker, lovely person whom I worked well with and, let me say up front, whom I respected very much.

I enjoyed visiting her in her office full of good luck chachka and other assorted imported toys from some dollar or variety store that I'd never be able to locate.

She also had her own water cooler, candy dish and coffee pot which came in handy.

But she also had an accent that once in a while gave me a delicious thrill to put to the test. You see, she couldn't pronounce her "v" very well. Not that it ever mattered -- except this once. You see, we were having an office pizza party with co-workers from other offices. This was supposed to be a morale-building, recognition from upper management to the little guy kind of shindig. So we got... pizza, no salads included (cheapos!)

We got all the required pizzas to keep the staff happy: pepperoni, mushroom, meat lovers... and the weggie pizza! Te hee!

Childish me. But a cherished moment nonetheless.

No comments: