Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Unremitting Bleakness" or, The Power of Words

I love words. Playing with words, combining them into quirky turns of phrase that make my friends laugh. Occasionally, ok, all too infrequently, I come across a few funnies that I have to add to my favorite words or phrases list. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a list of faves like oh, schadenfreude (You can look that one up on The Visual Thesaurus).

I really regret not getting to use that one more often...even though I feel it all the time. Bitch that I am.

This week, I read an article on Britain's banning of the video game, Manhunt 2. The reasons: "unremitting bleakness and callousness of tone ... and cumulative casual sadism in the way in which these killings are committed, and encouraged, in the game."

WOW! Now that's prose, my friends! Makes me want that game even more. I mean words like, "cumulative, casual sadism" and "unremitting bleakness" and "callousness of tone." Oh, revel for yourselves, my readers: read the news on Yahoo.

I've been in love since I read these words yesterday!

No comments: