Sunday, July 1, 2007

Up and Away!

Baseball has a language all its own and one that I am still learning. I love all the man drama -- fighting over calls, talking stats, roster moves or reading signs. It's always a ride. Now that I am a fan (and I almost wasn't given my raising outside of Philly, nuf said), I can't find the game boring. Ok, there are duller moments but those only serve to make the exciting plays (suicide squeezes and whatnot) that much more thrilling.

Thank God it's baseball season! Deadlines be damned on game day. This week, instead of TV, I am going to 2 games to watch my fave team. One is a night game. I'll eat ice cream and salty pretzel instead of peanuts and crackerjacks. The other is a day game on the 4th of July. What better way to celebrate our freedom!

**Updated 7/1/07 @ 6:17pm**

We won the rubber game!