Monday, September 17, 2007

Heavenly Things

I finally did it. I broke down and got an iPhone. Actually, it wasn't painful at all. My sig other gave me his store credit Apple offered to customers who bought the gadget at full price. So, I used that to rationalize the purchase.

It's a beautiful object. My favorite thing about this phone is that it interfaces with iTunes and iPhoto so it's a complete Mac experience.

And, today couldn't get any better because I got a copy of the galleys for Evermore, Lynn Viehl's new book that I've been dying to read. I just have to make it through to the end of the day and get some work done before I slack off and read. I've been so pumped about reading this book but even more than that, it's just really awesome for the author to send this to me, a complete nobody in the publishing world, to read it. I hope to be so cool some day when I am published and living whatever version of the dream that I am able to live. I want to be as generous and helping and sharing as she has been through her blog.

Seriously cool lady.

And, I finished a chapter in my manuscript that I had been struggling with for weeks. The guilt was more extreme than the writing task but I made it over the hump. It actually wasn't even that difficult of a scene to finish. I just couldn't get my mojo working. So, that was a great experience yesterday. Actually, my sig other pried me from the sofa (almost literally) and made me go to my little office at the top of the stairs and finish my work. He can be alternately awesome and totally pesky or both at the same time.

No comments: