Friday, September 12, 2008

FINISHED

I finished the first draft of my novella yesterday. This is a really great feeling. I love the story. I love the dialog. I hope this story finds a publisher because I feel so strongly about the characters and the world I created for them.

Today is edit day. I did a complete read-through last night and made notes. I do some polishing and tweaking before handing it off to other people to read.

I guess the reason I'm so excited is that I finally feel like I've had my 'a-ha' moment with my work. All the lessons that I learned from reading about writing, from following authors who blog about writing, just clicked together for me on this one.

I'll keep blogging as I go through my first time writing a synopsis and submitting this officially. I haven't really decided where I'm sending this off to but I have an idea. I really wish I could get some advice.

I'll figure it out...the hard way. LOL!

No comments: